Will Hytale be the end of Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ErrantKnight, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Check it out:

This game looks amazing! So what do you think?

I really hope the people who run EMC will also have a Hytale sever.
    607 and SkeleTin007 like this.
  2. To the question in the title:

Short answer: no.
    Long answer: very improbable.
    Egeau and SkeleTin007 like this.
  3. Familiarity bias is far stronger than you might think. People will hate it because it's not minecraft. Although there are also valid criticisms, such as the fact that many of the ultra-simplistic features and designs of minecraft were lost in Hytale and so it doesn't quite have the same charm.
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  4. I think many MC players will try out Hytale, specially since its developed by *insert famous Minecraft server here beginning with H* , however it would not overtake. Also the game's are constructed differently. Minecraft tries to tell the story of the player through their own creativity while Hytale's storytelling is about the world the player lives in. In a way Hytale is more adventurous.
    607 and wafflecoffee like this.
  5. In regards to this, because I was on mobile earlier and couldn't really go more into depth: no.
    There's a reason EMC has no Bedrock edition server; the devs would have to completely re-learn a new programming language and then completely re-code EMC's custom features, if they were to keep the original idea of EMC. That's completely and entirely unfeasible, they barely can keep up with one server :p
    EMC is called EMC for a reason: Empire Minecraft. There are other people who can do Hytale servers. We are EMC. Empire Minecraft.
    607 likes this.
  6. I tried it at one point but my dedication is 100% on EMC. I do feel EMC will still be the favorite among everyone.

So my answer to this is a firm No!

7. That looks like a completely different game. :confused:
  8. It is!
  9. That looks cool! Reminds me a lot of Cube World. It also reminds me a bit of Minecraft, but I suppose that's no surprise, considering the creators. ;)
    I think it could be popular! It might even become more popular than Cube World was, if it is accessible and cheap, and more of a complete game than Cube World ever has been.
    I do not think that Minecraft's popularity or sales will be in any way impacted by this game, though. Minecraft Dungeons'? Hm, maybe. I'm not sure who that game appeals to anyway, if anyone. :p
  10. The development team actually finds the idea of running a Hytale server in addition to our MC server, totally possible. When Hytale was first announced years and years ago it was something we eyed strongly. What that would look like is completely unknown with how long it's been in development. Definitely no existing plans on the subject.

Regarding the original question, as long as Hytale sticks to PC only, it'll never edge out Minecraft. More likely to kill the MC modding community before anything else.
    It is my understanding that Mojang continues to work towards feature parity between bedrock and Java edition. Although EMC has no plans to run a bedrock server, we would welcome Mojang making it easy for bedrock clients to connect to java servers. Only time will reveal how that goal progresses.
    MoreMoople, 607, TheFryedmans and 7 others like this.
  11. I wonder what would happen to the update schedule seeing it as it is