Rules Reminder: PvP/UHC and Illegal Mods

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Just stop commenting on here it's simple as that. All you doing that is proving are point and creating drama for no reason. So please as last request just stop what you are doing here its hurting yourselves than proving anything else. Let penguin speak for himself than you in the disputed convo.
    ShelLuser, jkjkjk182, We3_Nub and 4 others like this.
  2. Where oh where is this drama that I'm creating? It's just me asking Krysyy to stop with it, nothing is gonna change.
  3. I've stated in my appeal that my only I have used this in UHC, I would like to make a compromise. Perma-ban my accounts on UHC no appeal, clear my chests with ores on EMC, clear my vaults/inventories of ores (Note not reset), and delete rupees/tokens.

Again, you decide my fate. I only want that for my appeal in October. (As well as my timestamp)

The only thing that pesters me is the fact that only in UHC this happened, to me to said above plan is fair to EMC plan of action.
    Dr_Chocolate and _FB_ like this.
  4. If you don't say anything, she won't have anything to reply to. ;)
  5. This sounds reasonable, we should start doing this
    Dr_Chocolate likes this.
  6. I think krysyy wants this to stop but you keep pushing it, If you stop she stops, Simple as that :D
    JesusPower2 and We3_Nub like this.
  7. Compromises don't exist in ban punishments. You broke the rule on a part of the EMC system. You were banned. Any unbanning of a permbanned player results in a purge, unless a dispute is accepted. The community actually voted on that fact a long time ago.
  8. Actually... thats wrong..
    i was proven wrong once.. and a decision i took as a mod was overruled. just doesn't mean everyone does a forum post about it :/
  9. Honestly, I think this whole thread is funny on the comment side, not the OP. The OP is reasonable and makes sense. Everyone here making issues about the rules are only causing problems for their selves.

If you were banned from cheating with mods, you deserve it. I absolutely HATE when people cheat. It's stupid. I'm sorry all you afk farmers out there, but I still feel like you're cheating by having this available to you. Nonetheless, if you send a message in chat, the staff know what you said. If you troll, you're likely to be banned. Get caught griefing, you're banned.

All I'm trying to say is that you arguing with the staff over your choices is a silly concept that nobody wants to quit doing. If you really want to stay here, quit being an ass.

Stop modding illegally, stop griefing players, stop whining about getting caught, stop trying to antagonize players or staff, and stop trying to make the EMC World burn. You are not helping yourself in ANY way.

[Edit] Spaced some out a lil. Point still strong.
  10. Player evidence can be faked.
    We often allow players to list which mods they used as a test of honesty. We do tell players what rule they broke in their ban reason.
    They are unclaimed in a wipe of the data. A manual clearing might miss something.
    Compromises open the door for bias. All players are treated to the same procedure.
  11. Sorry Foxy, but you cheated, for sketchy reasons. You were banned and now you must pay the penance for doing so. You lose everything for it. You are no different from ANY other player. You got caught and now you think they'll let you keep some possessions that were possibly obtained through modding? Let it go friend. Nothing good comes from begging, especially for those who break rules for their friends......
  12. Why are people arguing that its okay to yell "fire" in a public space? (joke about having broken a rule)
    I don't understand. I feel like its cruel to joke about things that can hurt people.
  13. I did actually state that they can be proven wrong a lot. Moderators seem to be a lot nicer than mostother members of staff. They don't really see themselves as above the community. No offence to some SS and admins but yeah :p I See where your coming from D :)
  14. That's because moderators ARE players. Senior staff and admins really arent. We don't get to play and relax. We dont get to run shops. We're constantly watching potential hackers, working on projects, etc. Some of us even help Aikar code. We're a part of the community, but we arent players.

In the case d is mentioning, she made an incorrect action. In my position, I not only keep players from breaking the rules, but I also ensure all moderators and senior staff are following our policies, designed so that no one is treated unfairly. D was walked through the ways her action was wrong, and she learned. I haven't seen her make the same mistake since. Someone has to be the bad guy, even to staff.
  15. I don't really show appreciation for staff often and everyone has their faults, but I have to say I'm really impressed with the restraint and patience Kryssy has shown. My 8 year old wouldn't even act like some of the people on here. So, kudos to her for handling it so well.
  16. Man I wish I could say that for my brother, Sylenzo :p
    crystaldragon13 and kaptrix like this.
  17. The fire is finally dieing
  18. I just finally finished reading everything and wow what wild ride that was:eek:; I think most of staff (and a few of the more level headed players) on this thread need a hug & some hot chocolate.

I think this whole thread was a good psa that alt-server EMC events are still subject to the same rules/consequences and so are all players.
    Peace be with you I'm off to have some fun:cool:.
  19. I can not like this enough. Well said along with the others post of similarly said msg. Love this community. <3

edited to add:
    I don't think of corrective criticism when helping someone improve themselves would make you or any SS the 'bad guy'. I myself have been corrected by Krysyy and after our convo understood much better as to why what/how I did something was not exactly the best way to handle it. I learned and was thankful for the instruction.
  20. Crystal ya made it go from 16 to 17 in a heart beat and i thought i had more posts to read lol
    crystaldragon13 likes this.