New Feature - Residence Permission Groups! 7/22/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jul 22, 2015.

1. I haven't tried it out yet. Does everyone receive the same kit?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. No. All items are cancelled out, regardless of enchantment or tier.
    Gawadrolt and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. i didnt read any of that but good work Aikar!
    technologygeek and Gawadrolt like this.
  4. That still doesn't solve the potential problem of player A eats uncooked potatoes and player B eats rabbit stew. Infinite or not it will take player A 10 times long to regain the same amount of hunger points.

I still think it would be a better idea to make all foods fill the same amount of hunger points, and leave complete consumption on. Anyone can afford a stack of melon slices, and anyone can build a melon farm that produces multiple stacks every few minutes.

It is also arguable that removing the need to have extra food is removing some of the skill needed fight. Part of PvP is rearranging your inventory in the heat of battle.
    Pab10S and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Thanks Aikar!! :D
  6. Just wondering if this is normal. My daughters res is beside mine. I have admin on her res. Would this be why I can hear them while they are in /chat r while on my res? This is also seen from 2 res' away (both mine)
  7. Hmm fair point.

instead of enabling food, I think ill just hard set food to stay at 90% filled. That way you don't need to use food at all, and it keeps the regen effect off.

Is this in the past few hours? There was overall bugs until last night, but i think things should be resolved now.

let me know if this happened in past 8 hours or so.
  8. This morning for sure. Maybe around 10am or so. I had another use on my res and he could not see the chat.
  9. The res group sound awesome! :D Thanks, Chicken/Aikar! :)
  10. Just an uneducated comment from someone who hardly plays PVP:

[about intent on skill based vs. item based]

I am nitpicking here. And please keep in mind that I am not a die hard PVP'er (far from it)

But I do wonder: when do things become skill based and when item based? I'd like to raise the point that knowing your food types and when to use them (and being prepared to use them) takes an amount of skill too.

Just like I can agree that some players will have better chances of obtaining food items than others.

But isn't PvP also about one being better than the other?

As always: just my 2 cents.
    crystaldragon13 and shiyvah like this.
  11. Sorry for 2 messages shortly after another, but this really has no place above.

It's somewhat spam but I also honestly believe it can help players out.

My residence permission groups tutorial.

All ye players beware, the RPG has finally landed on EMC :D
    shiyvah likes this.
  12. Walking into residences with -move does not display a "no permission" message.
  13. double post warning:

Some residences lost their enter/leave messages. :eek:
  14. /res message default clear is somewhat new.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  15. White and Pink lock food at 100%. Locking it at 90% will have no effect because health will still regenerate. Food has to be above 85% to regen.

If you meant turning health regenerate off... bad idea. I PvP... a lot... and health regen is absolutely needed, especially if you're talking about skill based.

That statement confuses and worries me at the same time.
    Gawadrolt likes this.