Introducing the Empire PVP Arenas!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Is it possible to negate any positive effects the player may have?
    We're having some players just chaining shiny flesh and god apples to become near invincible.
  2. Well, in each case shiny flesh and god apples are consumed, so in that way it kinda helps. I mean, there is more demand for them now.
  3. Maybe an arena with designated kits, that you get before going into PvP? And teams? Deathmatches? Team deathmatches? I have idears.
    FirstJugBurgerz likes this.
  4. Can someone answer my question, this is a real question.
    whats the fun fighting with no gear / kits?
    607 and FatAndyTheGreat like this.
  5. Can we get a special Donator ability?

Right click to place TNT, causes an explosion that only hurts players?
  6. people who are looking for a fair fight based on skill not gear
    607 and Reindeer_ like this.
  7. It doesn't kill any player instantly, requires no expensive gear, is more skill-based(allows players to strafe around others, etc., not get launched across the arena), and it is funnier to kill someone with a melon.
  8. It puts everyone a level playing field. As I'm sure you know, with the right equipment/effects you can essentially be invincible. Lot's of people don't have access to that, and while I'd agree with you that it's really not that difficult to get, having kits/no gear forces everyone to use the same equipment and win based solely on skill. I enjoy both forms of play so I don't mind that much. Also, having fun/random/weird kits can help mix up the game a bit.

EDIT: Double ninja'd
    cutejuliew likes this.
  9. could it ever truly be fair? i feel like no matter what players will have an advantage in some way with either no lag or more experience
  10. Which is why practice makes perfect. If players have lag, they can adapt to it and win anyways with 10fps.
  11. i mean lag as in internet, i see some players who just skip around the arena - that cant be an advantage
  12. Ever heard of "Magic Ping"?
  13. This might not be possible, but I think it would be cool if groups had a new feature added to turn friendly fire between members of the group on or off.
    607 likes this.
  14. ^ohhhh that would be hecka cool
    607 and jacob5089 like this.
  15. Not speaking for Aikar, but it could maybe use the vanilla friendly fire option we have in the teams function.
  16. my general idea was to make damage static no matter what tool is used or armor on.
    607 likes this.
  17. Is there any chance of pvp arenas being on a different server/their own server? (sorry is this had already been answered I didn't feel like reading 9 pages of text)
  18. Yes, once the mini-games server/world is released(probably after DT), it will be in its own world with other games.
  19. Something that I think should happen is a 3 second grace period after teleporting in.
    You can't hurt anyone or be hurt by anyone.
    This should stop spawncamping and ect.
    Anyone willing to rename my sword "Get dunked" or "Lewl you just got plwned"?
  20. So far I have not noticed any on smp6 I am sure it has been tested for this.
    607 likes this.