Forum Mobile View!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jan 23, 2016.

1. This is fairly recent. Most of the posts I am seeing are cut in half. Zooming out shows it as if it is fully loaded.

Also, could you maybe show the first few front page posts then give an option to view the rest? I think you have to scroll a bit too much in order to reach recently active threads and online players. Thanks :)
    607 and nuclearbobomb like this.
  2. goal is to move the recent threads into the menu button, but you also can use "Whats New" under the forum section which is already in that header.

but can you show a screen of post cut in half?

Is it an image breaking out?
  3. Ok, well at least we might be closer to knowing what the issue is. It's not such a big issue that I can't live with it, but if you're ever able to get a newer version of jQuery to cooperate with the site, it'd be appreciated :)

I've taken down the copied pages, so no worries there.
  4. Like I said, only happening to some posts:

Broken image .-. https://m.imgur.com/a/Ok1zL
    I can snap a picture of trying to zoom out as well
    nuclearbobomb likes this.
  5. Weird my text is bigger but it is the quote box
  6. (sorry for tue two weirdly coloured picturee, they are my screen eimmer and blue light filter)
    The extending text is because of the code thingy, I think. Look:
    https://i.imgur.com/zYIyCAi.png

---

Also, this (really weird and random) advertisement still is cut off of one side. And the page number thing is still really weird, and way too big.
    https://i.imgur.com/8vpBZFi.png
  7. ive fixed the posts busting out width wise due to the code blocks. Also made sure ads are all responsive based now (which is why we had some snafus with the header ad earlier...)

Hopefully the new responsive based ads will help EMC make more money too :) Google picks the size based on your device, so youll notice on desktop the ads may be wider now.

those super wide scrapers should be worth more money.

ill get to more items on list soon.

and page numbers... They have to be big. Were honestly 'being bad' by the other links still being small.

On mobile you want links to be easy to hit with a finger with no chance of accidently clicking the wrong link. So thats why the page buttons are big and spacious.

I can't find a cleaner way to do the page buttons for threads with lots of pages.
    607 likes this.
  8. Okay, so you made the ads more 'responsive' huh?

I disagree.

When I look at a thread and scroll to the bottom to reply, I'm greeted by this beautiful ad

It is bigger than my phone screen and has it's own scroll bar so I end up scrolling a lot.

Secondly, as shown on the picture, this ad is DIRECTLY under the last reply. But I thought a supporter perk was that we "wouldn't have ads near content"

I hope to see that fixed

</rant>
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  9. Thanks for basically saying exactly what I wanted to say :p
    nltimv likes this.
  10. Oh, also, I understand ads are needed (definitely can't deny that), but this honestly is a bit ridiculous.

11. working on it, the one at bottom isnt even an 'ad', its meant to help show other posts on the forums, im moving it around and trying to fix the size but if i cant i might just drop it.
    607 likes this.
  12. ok i took out the one at bottom. its "beta' and they arent giving me control over height :/ It would of helped people find other threads though ; ;

Maybe later.

I also restructured text links. I took ones thats always been at the top and bottom of the site off, and instead now show them in after posts 3, 5 and 7, and the banner ad that use to be at bottom under quick reply (above the other banner) after post 1.

Had to do these things to comply with the google ads rules.

the ads in between posts is of course hidden to supporters.

I'm trying (actually tried, but its not working) to make the header one ALWAYS small... I want it to do the 320x50 one always, but its sometimes doing 320x100.
    607, TomvanWijnen and UltiPig like this.
  13. https://m.imgur.com/a/XBpXl EMC logos and certain players' avatars are being switched up. Profile pages also seem to still be in desktop mode.

I've been stuck browsing mobile for a few days. Other than those two things, it has been working great! :D Thanks!
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  14. Those issues look more likely to be your phone is using a "Mobile Optimizer" to make the page load faster, and its screwing up.

I can not see the images ever getting mixed up like that, but I think I have seen that with optimizers before.

Basically on Chrome if thats what your using, its routing all of your pages through googles servers, its parsing the pages, and trying to make it better - but it can mess up.
  15. Hey, problem report that I'm having.

The Forums look great on a mobile but I can't reply to any thread. I'm on a computer to make this one but when on a phone or a tablet and I click on the reply button, I don't get the box to type any text in. This happens with Firefox on a Samsung S4 and Firefox on a LG V410.
  16. (not 100% sure if I completely understand you) to be able to type, you first need to click the blank box, in which we can then type. The "Post reply" button is only used when your post is ready to go. :)
  17. There is no "Blank Box." Let me see if I can get a screen shot....
  18. box is what I mean (at the lower half of my screen) (sorry for the yellowish picture, that's my blue light filter, it's 1 AM :p)
    607 likes this.