Empire update to 1.15 - The Aquatic Buzzy Village update!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by chickeneer, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Im not talking about me but all the new players dont have access to double chests of iron to spare
    _Susu_ likes this.
  2. yeah well that's the natural cycle of Minecraft, lol
    _Susu_ likes this.
  3. If iron farms are broken then so is the cycle
    _Susu_ likes this.
  4. :-1:
    _Susu_ likes this.
    i know im not the only one who's excited for this, just wondering if there has been any news or change from the time of posting ^_^

_Susu_ and wafflecoffee like this.
  5. Yes. The thing that changed was COVID. Sadly has made my schedule excessively busy. Have not had the extra time I was anticipating - to get this done. In a couple weeks - my school year will be over - and I will have time then.
    Sprhyngtime, khixan, 607 and 10 others like this.
  6. Wel
    I have alot of mini outpost areas in the wild where I have been making redstone projects. In order to reduce lag, I've spread some farms out over multiple locations on several servers. In order to make say melon and pumpkin farms, a whole lot of pistons,are required, and quite a few hoppers too.
    And some for building blocks as well. I just like to have a shulker box full of iron on every server I play on, and it seems like I never have enough. beacons take 2 and a half stacks alone. I've not sold any iron, so the market has nothing to do with wanting more.
    It's not even just iron farms. I set up a villager trading area, getting rid of all my villagers in town and moving them to the wild so not so much was loaded at the same time. And the very basic vanilla mechanics of villagers rely on them being able to pathfind to their workstations. The first villager doesn't matter. But as you add a whole mess of others to the mix, they will mix up their workstations if they can detect unintended workstations. So a fix to this solution is locking their trades in an enclosed area with a workstation. Then break that one and place it where u want them to live permanently., and use fences and gates to allow them to pathfind to their new home. I am serious when I say that this 6 block activation distance completely breaks this method, and makes it take exponentially longer to set up a proper trading hall. And the frustrating part for me is that I removed mine in town willingly and put it somewhere that is loaded only when I need books or tools.
    PetezzaDawg and _Susu_ like this.
  7. lot of good performance improvements to the server core just went out.

there was some reports on mysterious ghost blocks messing up block placement, i think it may be fixed (disabled a performance optimization suspected as cause)

but worth noting, that Phantoms will no longer attack players unless they are an insomniac. So phantoms spawned due to other players will be peaceful to you as long as you sleep / interact with the bed (daytime works too)
    _Susu_, khixan, wafflecoffee and 8 others like this.
  8. Love this update! Speaking of Phantoms, are they supposed to like freeze in the middle of the air before attacking? I have noticed they frequently freeze as theyre turning
    _Susu_ likes this.
  9. Lag I think. Happened to me last night.
    _Susu_ and Fadeddd like this.
  10. Hmm, only last night for you? It has been happening in my presence since the update.
    _Susu_ likes this.
  11. I've seen it happen since we updated as well.
  12. Do you know if they act this way in a vanilla, single player world? I am unsure if that's their normal behavior or not.
    _Susu_ likes this.
  13. I can say, they do not act this way normally.
  14. Big news... I've updated the Entity Activation Range system so much that I'm calling it 2.0!

Just deployed it to the servers, here is the patch notes for it :)

TLDR: Mobs will move more now.
    https://github.com/PaperMC/Paper/commit/e0ea2e0e147875b5b0eeab747d19fa00a5e19ef2
    ttyler333, __Devil_, khixan and 8 others like this.
  15. Sorry I'm just a little confused, can we send entities through portals now? Also, if it's at all possible, can we get some specific times for how long entities are immune in each scenario? Thanks so much for getting this out so quickly :)
    _Susu_ and Sprhyngtime like this.
  16. Sorry not on EMC, that was the public patch notes for other server owners.
    Entities through portals is too risky. Until a few days ago, a dupe has existed with them for YEARS...

Only because we blocked entities in portals protected us.
  17. Is it possible we can get them in the future now that that bug has been fixed?
    Sprhyngtime, Fadeddd and _Susu_ like this.
  18. ^^^^^^!!!!
    _Susu_ likes this.
  19. ^^^^^^^^^^_^^^
    Fadeddd and _Susu_ like this.