Empire Minecraft 1.9.4 Update

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 30, 2016.

1. Noice. 1.9 :3
  2. The utopia end seems to be built on on the surface... will the dragon destroy everything if I were to spawn it? Do not want to destroy other's things on mistake.
  3. Already got a mending villager! Great update Aikar! Now you just have to add back hitting yourself with a punch two bow and this will be the best update ever! :) [Suggestion Thread] EDIT: I now got a frost walker villager too :p It's my lucky day!
    ShelLuser and Ezebe like this.
  4. My witch farm lives! And boy do they make some crazy sounds now :D
  5. So, the Wastelands are going to reset once again for the new update - great! It's times like these I feel really good about having invented them. :cool:
    No, please, you don't all need to thank me; your silent appreciation is all I need. :p
    Blondekid42, Patr1cV, jhtk01 and 3 others like this.
  6. ah ok it was throwin me off :p

(i tried posting this earlier but it came out looking weird so i deleted it and reposted xD )
  7. Not this update.
    ShelLuser and iKloned like this.
  8. So so cool! Thank you for all your incredibly hard work, Aikar, developers, and the whole team.

I got my Elytra and Dragon Head!
    HxCami10, Kytula, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.

9. selling first EMC elytra? :D
    Kytula, Hashhog, ShelLuser and 3 others like this.
  10. does the frontier end have end islands too?
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. How did you get there xD
    Did someone summon dragon on one of the smps?
  12. ERMERGERD IT'S FINALLY HERE.

I CAN BE ACTIVE AGAIN.
    Slvr likes this.
  13. So much update!!!!
  14. And of course I'm at work. Good job on the update Aikar, can't wait to play it.
    Qkazoochan and ShelLuser like this.
  15. All 4 sounds you can get when receiving PMs or seeing your name/thingy in chat are the same now...
    ShelLuser likes this.
  16. Nice, got myself a pair of wings and dragon head fairly quick!
  17. Either you use the the ender portal physics thing or you just ran through waste just now.
  18. Wow we are above 200 members online still
    Not even a event
  19. Sorry for a long post (actually; naah, not sorry at all! :D), I really need to blow some steam here!

First of all: CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you so much for all your hard work and all the effort you (staff as a whole, but most certainly you in person Aikar) have put into this. I've read the post a few times now, and... What can I say other than whoah!

My respect and admiration for Empire Minecraft as well as my pride for being a part of this whole thing has just gone through the roof. And people who know me will hopefully realize that I don't say that just because. No way...

There are some items in this post which really make me proud. Not merely because they're great things (that's part of it!) but guys... Please read through this and then try to convince us that Aikar and the staff really don't know how the server works (something I know some people "accuse" Aikar of from time to time, the "do you actually play your own game?").

Some of these features clearly show me that you really have a very good feeling for the way the server works, should work but also what players should be able to expect from it and ... How to keep us players happy.

I've talked to many people about the update, I've witnessed many conversations about it. Both in-game, on the forums and from hearsay. Of course I don't know everything, nor do I intend to imply that. But I honestly think that I can speak for most of the community when I say that: apologies are not needed.

Most players I talked to (and heard, and..) agreed that we'd rather see you and the staff take 3 months to get this done and then give us an enjoyable and working server, than rushing through it and presenting something in 2 weeks time only having to bugfix the whole mess for the next month after. The first can be tedious and people can grow impatient, the latter is a sure way to kill the mood ("I was just enjoying myself and we're resetting again?").

This is the first example of my "Aikar really does know how the game works" rant.

This is so frickin' awesome. Because this will keep the Frontier end special, it will keep our beloved XP farms and hidden buildings safe from those who simply want to quickly wander in and wreck havoc. Sorry to bring up a nasty topic, it does not happen all that often (as a member of GRIP I can somewhat confirm as much) but in all honesty: it does happen from time to time: griefing.

I've always said that I really admire the fact that we cannot simply teleport to the End. Partly because of what I said above, but also because it makes better gameplay: this keeps the End special as it should be IMVHO since this is the 'End' world. The final achievement.

I honestly think it's awesome that we cannot merely teleport to the End. It'll be a hassle for some, but come on guys... Don't you agree that it makes a trip to the End more special than a trip to the Nether?

First (general comment): A full step by step guide on how to use the new system will be written this week. I already made sure to keep enough play time devoted to EMC because I had a hunch we had work to do.

But I am also excited and impressed that you left the slot signs in: backwards compatibility is a very precious thing in gameplay and in general. And this will allow us players to slowly move away from slot signs to the new system at our own pace. Players can truly play their way (or shop their way I guess ;)). Sorry for the pun; but I'm dead serious here.

This is impressive IMO. Too many admins and too many programmers simply improve on what they had and just throw the old stuff away. Who cares when some people actually liked it? Who cares if it actually worked?

This is also very exciting! I don't fully care for it myself (I prefer mining ores) but I can easily see how this is going to please plenty of players!

I love this! Once again another perfect example (IMO) of my "Aikar really does know how the game works" rant :)

I'm actually someone who uses his alter ego to join him on mining trips. I love that, and not just because of the extra inventory space or such. It's fun IMO. And I really applaud this: that one of us can find loot but the other... Yeah, we'll just have to split the loot just like any other group of players or...

Rest assured that if "we" find any flaws in this system then that will be immediately reported. However, I don't expect too much problems here. I mean: if people want mass goodies they'll turn to farming, not trying to find a loot chest somewhere out in the wilderness. Which is also assuming they'll actually find it in the first place.

Us contribs have work to do I see :)

Aikar.. Thank you SO much for the time and effort you put into this in order to give us a new and exciting Minecraft experience. I am quite honestly deeply impressed by reading this whole list and seeing how you made sure to keep the "EMC feel" for the game alive (hard to describe but... things like the requirement to find a portal to go to the End; that seriously adds to gameplay).

Yah, I am convinced without any doubt: you do play your own game and more: you also know your own game.

(I know how silly this may sound for some but... think about this for a second please ;))
    Blondekid42, SirTah and TomvanWijnen like this.
  20. Still working on quirks with update, so as usual expect lots of reboots.

The system prevents breaking them.