[CONTEST] Build a Gingerbread House 2023!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by MoreMoople, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Return of the Gingerbread! Bring out your candy canes and prepare your hot cocoa! It's time for a holiday build contest.;)

Objective: Build a holiday-themed Gingerbread House

Guidelines:
    • Maximum size: 60 x 60 x 256 (length x width x height)
    • Can be a single player world download, or in-game on your residence/in the wild
    • Will be viewed in DEFAULT texture pack and no add-ons (no shaders, etc)
    • YOU must be the one to build it. Don't try to submit other people's work as your own.
    • Single player on the entry form. If you work in teams and win, that one player will be given prizes by staff.
    • Materials are limited to blocks from 1.20.x or before that can be normally obtained on EMC. No command blocks!
    • Note that while the Gingerbread House is the focus, anything within the 60x60 area will be looked at and taken into consideration, such as entrances, landscape, etc
    Prizes:
    1st Place: Empire Builder's Wand and 300,000r
    2nd Place: 150,000r
    3rd Place: 50,000r

Honorable Mentions (if applicable): 10,000r

Previous Winners:
    Deadline: January 31st, 2024 at 11:59 PM EMC Time
    Submit your entries HERE!
    Acemox2k, khixan, XxartboyxX and 12 others like this.
  2. HamilaPlayzMC likes this.
  3. I intentionally kept it that way. :)
  4. I'll absolutely be doing this! Is creative allowed on my singleplayer world?
    Acemox2k and MoreMoople like this.
  5. Creative is allowed if you are doing it in single player, yes. :)
    Acemox2k and HamilaPlayzMC like this.
  6. Working on it now. I can't wait!
    Acemox2k and MoreMoople like this.
  7. Awesome, good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions. :)
    Acemox2k and HamilaPlayzMC like this.
  8. This sounds like a really fun project and I'd love to participate (even though I don't have a great eye for building), but my wife and I will be happily busy hosting our kids and a couple of grand kids (yeah I'm old), through Christmas. Has anyone given any thought to maybe extending the deadline a couple of weeks into January? Please don't change it unless this makes sense and/or a few other folks like the idea as well!

Thanks Moople and Contribution Team for all the great events you guys do. Even though I'm not a frequent participant, I think it is great and helps set EMC apart from other servers!
    MoreMoople and Sefl like this.
  9. Is anybody else interested in an extension for this contest? I know the holiday season can be a pretty busy time. I'm glad you're spending time with your family! :D
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  10. Hello all! I decided to extend the contest deadline until January 31st to allow for more entries.

If you've already submitted but want to continue working on your entry, feel free to do so -- I will wait to view them until after the new deadline.

Wishing you all a happy new year! Can't wait to see all of the fabulous Gingerbread architecture. :D
  11. this is awesome... i am going to begin working on my submission... time got away from me ;)
    KatydidBuild, Trwe and MoreMoople like this.
  12. OK everyone, you might as well give up because farmerguyson and I are building a Gingerbread Mansion in town on smp3 ;)

Seriously though, I think we'll probably only accomplish making your submissions look that much better because neither of us are builders! We are enjoying the moments where something 'works' though (vs. all the attempts that fail miserably)!
  13. the act of building is the fun part. yes, you take a step back and look at it and redo it 4 times. but it's still fun :D
  14. TH
    This seems fun, wish i could do it, i will do it next year bc ive had a bad year last year and a stressful start this year.
    Acemox2k, fadedmartian and ultipig like this.
  15. If we use doors in our build will they have to have pressure plates so everyone can use them? I have a feeling doors are not usable by everyone on our reses.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  16. If you want doors to be opened by other people, pressure plates are an option, as are buttons or just letting people open doors (you'll need to set use permissions).

If you don't intend for anything past the door to be seen though, you don't need to worry about it. :)
    Acemox2k and farmerguyson like this.
  17. Hey all! Just a reminder to get your gingerbread houses in by the end of next Wednesday! :D
    Acemox2k and LindenNZ like this.
  18. well i had started on my entry for this but my hard drive decided to take a dump on me last friday and i lost all of my files including the world i was building my entry in.. rip 😭
  19. Today is the last day to submit a gingerbread house! :)
  20. Nice, have fun marking all the gingerbread houses!
    BlockHead_56 and MoreMoople like this.